Because a lot of people are asking me to do a tutorial of this media.
Here's some of my tips for colored pencil.
1. Always keep your pencil sharp.
2. Find some paper to place your hand on when coloring, This can prevent your hand from smudging the color on your artwork.
Link to the original work.
Here's something I forgot to include in my tutorial. : x
1. I used Faber Castel. Colleen. Staedtler student colored pencil.
2. I used Light Brown [wax based] for drawing original lineart.
3 Copy paper and Printer paper are the same.
4. If you don't have white gel pen, You can use white postercolor or gouache instead.
1)when you color white clothing what method do you use? also with white hair?
2) when you start to color do you use the light color first and then use the dark color for shading?
i'm terrible with shading. i haven't mastered color pencil yet.
sometimes I used warmer colors if it is needed, background colors on these 2 pictures are warmer than those 2 above, so shadow on white object will be warmer as well.
if the background looks grayish, white cloth can be colored with grayish color like this [I added some pink inside it as well because there are pink color around and it will affect shadow of white object as well ]
and for watercolor or colored pencil I mostly started with lighter colors, but if I use acrylic or other opaque paints such as oil, I often started with darker colors such as burnt sienna [depends on picture temperature], and built up more lighter color layers with glazing technique overtime.
thanks a lot for share it with us
I made a sketch, and paperclipped a new paper onto it.. boyy, it took a long time... but was pretty happy with the result, so I really am going to use this for my ID ~
Anyway, your lineart are done by pencil or pen?
I must say that I loved to draw but I hated painting until I found this tutorial! Thanks to you I enjoyed painting for the first time & I'm proud of the results (even though my drawing is not as good as yours)...
Thank you very much!
Thanks for the tutorial, it will really help me in my next drawings. ^^